We’ll be announcing this promotion officially through the MWI newsletter (yes, we’re going to start sending it out again), but I figured why not get things started right now.
Without further ado, I announce the MWI Free iPod SEO Referral Program. It’s a simple program. You refer a client to MWI who signs up for our search engine optimization and/or search engine marketing (pay per click management) services for at least a 3-month commitment and we’ll give you an iPod of your choice.
How do you refer someone? Giving us a phone book and telling us to call everyone in it doesn’t count. In order to win an iPod, you must either 1) introduce us to the client or 2) contact us to let us know they’ll be calling (before they actually call). None of this stuff where we sign up a client and a month later you call us and say “Oh yeah, I referred them to you.” You may have referred them, but tough, you’ve got to let us know before they contact us. So either tell them to tell us that you referred them to us, or send us an email and tell us that you referred someone and they should be contacting us soon.
How much do our SEO/SEM services cost? They start at $500/month and go up from there depending on the details.
Now there are some terms and conditions, but that’s the program in a nutshell. Read on for the details, which are important if you want to qualify. Plus they’re somewhat entertaining.
Terms and Conditions in Plain English
1. The client must sign up for you to get an iPod. You don’t get an iPod unless they sign up.
2. Only one iPod per client sign up. However, if you refer two clients then yes, we’ll give you two iPods.
3. You get an iPod of your choice up to a $500 value (including taxes and shipping). Currently all iPods appear to cost less than that, but you never know when they’ll come out with a $2,000 iPod that has a 42-inch flatscreen on it, so we’re not going to leave ourselves open to that.
4. Sorry, you don’t get any accessories beyond what comes in the box. Just the iPod. Don’t get greedy.
5. We reserve the right to cut off this contest at any time. If we get 10 clients in the next 24 hours we’ll probably cut it off tomorrow. I don’t think that’s going to happen, but who knows.
6. If there is any dispute about anything, MWI is right and you are wrong unless we admit that we’re wrong.
7. Yes, if you refer us 10 clients we’d be willing to give you something other than ten iPods.
8. The client must sign up for at least a 3-month commitment. You’ll get your iPod once they pay the first invoice.
9. This isn’t to spam you or gather info. It’s to sign up serious SEO clients.