I just got my first iPod today, the new Shuffle that is a clip. Having never owned an iPod before I’m still figuring some things out and haven’t really had a chance to get the full experience.
First impressions and answers to questions:
1. It’s definitely small.
2. It’s definitely light. I can clip it onto a t-shirt and not feel like it’s pulling it down.
3. It was extremely easy to install, although I did have to download the most recent version of iTunes to do it.
4. Yes, you can put whatever you want on it by turning off the Autofill features, which means you can listen to audiobooks or whatever you want. As far as I can tell it’s just like a normal iPod without the display.
5. I’m not sure how long it takes to charge. I’ve had mine plugged in for a few hours now but it is still showing an orange light. The instructions that came with it don’t shed much light on the basics unless I’m missing some packaging.
6. It was certainly inexpensive. Full retail price is $80.